Training for Pastoral Carers, Church leaders, and all who want to see the Gospel in action through a healed church.
January 2020 at the CCHM offices
To help you
Do you secretly feel you are not good enough, that you are a disappointment to God? Do you struggle with issues of guilt, shame, feeling inadequate and inferior? Do you long for some certainty of faith, now and for the future? Is being a Christian turning out to be a chore? This course can help you.
To help others
Are you part of a pastoral team, doing prayer ministry, or caring for people in your church or community? We can help equip you to be more effective and more confident in what you are doing. Giving you skills to make a real and lasting difference to people’s lives and transforming your church community to a place of healing and redemption.
The Keys of the Kingdom course is unique in that it addresses basic issues and deals with the causes.
Through a process of learning, prayer, doing and listening we learn how to freely give and receive love through the keys Jesus has given us, and how to use these insights to help friends, colleagues and neighbours.
A deeper awareness of ourselves and how we are meant to be, and of God’s unconditional love and acceptance, and the power of deep forgiveness brings us to find freedom, value and purpose for our lives and into a new adventure in following Jesus.
The cost of the course is:
£20 per session if paid weekly (£220.00)
£215 if you pay the full amount upfront.
This covers all the training materials, 10 x 2 ½ hour evening sessions, plus 5 hours for the day session.
Please note that the full amount is due even in the event of non-attendance.
In order to accept your enrolment we require a reference from your pastor or minister stating that you are a recognised member of their church and likely to benefit from this course. Our tutors have wide teaching and counselling experience. They also have many years’ practical experience in the field.
No counsellor training, pastoral training or prayer ministry background is needed.
If you would like to book a place on this course please complete the form with a non-refundable deposit of £25.
- The Truth sets us Free – An overview of Christian counselling and the Biblical model
- Made in the Image of God – A look at men and women within creation, and the Maker’s design
- Rejection, the Essence of Sin – A look at the basis of our fallen state and what has been done about it and how we can begin to put it right
- A Theology of Care – What it means to love ourselves and each other
- Forgiven and Forgiving – A look at the atonement, our forgiveness and its role in healing
- Basic Counselling Skills I – Listening skills, body language, effective questioning – how Jesus counselled people
- Basic Counselling Skills II – Continuation, healthy attributes of the counsellor, how to stay healthy, confidentiality, the therapeutic alliance
- Personal Transformation – Looking at the renewing of our minds using the understanding of the mind, and Biblical principles
- The Holy Spirit and Listening to God – The role of the Trinity and the promise of hearing God’s voice, spiritual development
- Change and Transformation – Church as the healing and redemptive community – what is my part?